29-30 June 2023 - INSA
The maximum of 50 participants registered has already been reached!
A waiting list is now available, priority will be given to the first on the waiting list in case of cancellation.
Register on the waiting list here!
|The ECerS Summer School on Advanced Characterization Techniques will be organized at the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon (INSA Lyon) in Lyon the week before the next ECerS conference, from Thursday 29 to Friday 30 June. This School on Advanced Characterization Techniques will be a unique opportunity for the attendees (mostly PhD students, but also professionals) to discover or learn more about advanced characterization in electron microscopy and X-Ray tomography for ceramic materials. The program of this school is split into 2 parts: lectures in the morning and demonstrations on equipment in the afternoon. You can find the updated program here.
- Seven lectures of one hour for each, will give a general overview on electron microscopies and associated techniques (SEM, TEM, in situ testing in SEM, EBSD), X-Ray tomography, images analysis and sample preparation by Focused Ion Beam.
- Demonstrations on state-of-the-art equipment available on the campus will be organized. These demos of 1,5 hour will be the opportunity to learn how to hold an experiment (how to set up the parameters to optimize the characterization) and to follow in real-time (and in some case in situ) the characterization of a ceramic materials. Eight demos will run in parallel and will be animated by a specialist of each technique. Low voltage SEM, EBSD, heating experiments in SEM, TEM observations and in situ tomography are examples of topics of these demos. Each attendee will have the opportunity to follow four different demos during the two days. He/she will, thus, have the opportunity to choose the most interesting demos depending on his/her research field.
The number of attendees
will be limited to 50
due to the limit of place for the demos (maximum 5 to 7 people for each equipment). Please note that as the school is limited to 50 participants, only the 50 first PAID registrations
will be considered as being allowed to participate Students will benefit to lodging in shared rooms on INSA campus (three nights from 28 June until 1st
|30 grants of 150€ 30 grants of 150€ for travel will be allowed by the JECS Trust to students participating to the Summer School. Applications (a copy of student card and proof of 2023 ECerS membership of the applicant or his/her supervisor) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2023 at the latest.
All prices in Euros, VAT included.
|Student member of ECerS
|Student non-member of ECerS
|Professional member of ECerS
|Professional non-member of ECerS
> Registration fees include :
- Delegate materials
- Admission to all lectures
- Admission to all demos
- Coffee breaks and lunches
- School gala dinner
- Accommodation in INSA student residence (for students only) - shared rooms
> Registration deadline: 28 April 2023
Photo : © Cyril FRESILLON / CLYM / IRCELYON / MATEIS / METSA / CNRS Photothèque
Photo : © Cyril FRESILLON / CLYM / MATEIS / METSA / CNRS Photothèque